Doctor’s Cave Beach in Jamaica, famed for it’s crystal clear waters, concocted a frozen cocktail (ergo, a sorbet!) in honor of Bob Marley, the cultural and music icon who sang for unity and peace. A Rasta-hued mix of rum, strawberry, mango and blue curacao, here’s our take on the colorful frozen treat.
- 60 ml light rum, divided
- 120 ml strawberry daiquiri mix
- 2 cups ice, divided
- Splash of blue curaçao
- Splash of orange curaçao
- 1/3 cup fresh mango, chopped
- 45 ml sweet and sour mix
- Juice from half a lime
- Start by making the red portion of the drink by combining half the light rum, strawberry daiquiri mix an ice in a blender. Mix ingredients and pour into the bottom of the glass.
- Combine the remaining rum, chopped mango, orange curaçao, sweet and sour mix, lime juice, and one cup of ice in a blender. Mix ingredients together to create the yellow portion of the drink.
- Pour half of the mixture into the glass. Take the remaining drink mixture and blend with a splash of blue curaçao to create the green portion of the drink. Pour into the glass and serve.
END OF STORY