We bravely endured August’s scorching heatwaves and while we bid farewell to yet another summer, we’re looking fervidly forward to the slew of festivals on this season’s roster! Often synonymous with long days and never-ending walks from one stage to another, we’ve devised the perfect frozen elixir to keep you on track for the times of your lives (coz that’s what they’ll be, right?): our Immune Shot Sorbet. Fresh, fantasticly satisfying and packed with salubrious golden spices (cue antioxidant turmeric and anti-inflammatory ginger), it’s a wellness-meets-wild time fix exclusively created for you.
- 2 Cups freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 6 large lemons)
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp ginger, grated (We’d use fresh ginger for the extra punch but sweet tooth can substitute it with candied ginger)
- 1 Tbsp turmeric, grated
- 2 ½ Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 ¾ Cup water
- Grated coconut to sprinkle on top
- In a saucepan, whisk together the water and granulated sugar and bring to a boil. Boil, whisking occasionally, until the sugar has completely dissolved (1-2 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in the grated ginger and turmeric. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Whisk in the lemon zest and lemon juice, and transfer to a freezer safe container (a loaf pan works well for this). Freeze until firm (about 2-3 hours), stirring occasionally with a fork to break up any ice crystals.
- Scrape out, serve, and detox to retox!
END OF STORY