Sorbet without a freezer?
It’s impossible, you say.
Not if you embrace the inner Heston Blumenthal in you and incorporate some dry ice into the kitchen:
- Dry ice
- Any drink you want – try a Coca Cola, Fanta, Sprit or a smoothie
- Without getting any on your bare skin, very carefully, place a small amount of dry ice in a tea towel. Using a rolling pin, crush it into small pieces and then transfer to a metal bowl. Repeat until you have the desired amount.
- Place your drink of choice into an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Being to mix on medium speed.
- Add the dry ice, one large spoonful at a time until the mixture freezes and the vapor has dissipated.
- To serve, spoon the sorbet into cones or cups and garnish with a sprig of mint.
END OF STORY